Living in our sub tropical climate of Brisbane, all of our vehicles air conditioners get very well used. As a result, your car air conditioning will need to be checked and serviced like any other component of your vehicle.
A well maintained air conditioner not only makes for pleasant driving, but safer driving through windscreen defrosting.
A few symptoms to look out for include:
- Reduced airflow from vents
- Unusual noises during normal operation
- Strange smell coming through vents
- Air temperature not cold or warm enough
Most common thoughts are that the air conditioner just needs re-gassing. Unfortunately, leaks throughout the system do occur and those will need to be found and repaired. All our qualified technicians at AVR Automotive are *ARC Approved so you can be sure that your vehicle is getting the best treatment possible.
* The Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd.
The Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd (ARC) is the peak body for the refrigeration and air conditioning industry in Australia, servicing over 85,000 individuals and businesses.
The ARC provides leadership, value and knowledge to the industry through:
- Licensing and regulatory assistance
- Technical advice
- Preparing technicians for future technologies
- Actively promoting training quality
- Connecting customers to ARC-licensed businesses
- Free promotional materials for ARC-licensed businesses
- Helping industry to “build their businesses” through various services
The ARC administers refrigerant handling licences and refrigerant trading authorisations on behalf of the Australian Government, to professionals in the refrigeration/air conditioning and auto industry.
We also assisted with the administration of the Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) star rating labelling scheme.